Many companies exist that specialize in rating cars, car companies and individual models on thing like reliability, as well as other factors. With increasing concerns about the ever-rising costs of gas, the ever-present repair, and maintenance costs associated with owning a car, it is no surprise if consumer are looking most reliable cars.
* List of Most Reliable Cars
1. Toyota Rav4
- This is compact crossover SUV.
- The Rav4, renowned as another of the most reliable cars in the world.
- It was first made in 1994 and was designed to offer all the features of a normal SUV while maintaining the fuel economy and handling of a compact car.
- This Rav4 includes 2 liter and 2,5 liter petrol and 2 liter and 2,2 liter turbo diesel versions.
- Prices start at $23,300.
2. Toyota Avalon
- This is large car.
- This spot used to be held by the Buick Lucerne.
- The Avalon is extremely roomy.
- Features : a powerful 3,5 liter V6 engine producing 265hp and does an average 25 mpg.
- Prices start at $30,990.
3. Toyota Prius
- This is compact car.
- The Prius was the pioneer when it comes to environmentally-friendly vehicles.
- It was the first mass-produced hybrid automobile and first hit dealerships in 1997.
- Prius is still going strong with around three million sold around the world.
- Its state of the art technology means it remains one of the most reliable cars on the road.
- The Prius family also include the Prius C hatchback as well as a Plug-in Hybrid version and Prius V which has more space inside than the normal Prius.
- Prices start at $24,200 for the normal Prius (has an average 50 mpg), $32,000 for the Plug-in Hybrid (has equivalent of 95 mpg when in electric mode and 50 mpg as a hybrid), and $26,650 for the V ( has an average 42 mpg).
4. Toyota Sienna
- It is Midsize Van
- The Sienna seats up to eight people, it is ideal for large families and car-pooling.
- In 2010, the car received a Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- It comes with a 3,5 liter V6 engine producing 266 horse power.
- It is only car in its class to boast all wheel drive.
- The Sienna does an average 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.
- Prices start at $26,585.